- Bachelor Arts (Hons) – Melbourne University, Australia
- Executive Leadership – Cornell University, USA
- Further Executive Development – Harvard University, Oxford University
- Kate is a performance driven senior manager with 20 years experience in consulting to both the public and private sectors, focusing on collaborative strategy development, team facilitation, 1:1 and group relationship building, rolling out complex change programs, and partnering with executives to both coach and tackle head-on adaptive leadership challenges.
- Kate worked in the private sector at both Accenture and Ernst & Young as a Change Management specialist, consulting across the following industry areas: Financial Services, Products, Utilities, Transport, Comms and Hi Tech.
- Kate has also worked deeply in the public sector in the UK, specifically as a Strategy Adviser to Prime Minister Tony Blair within the Prime Minister’s Delivery Unit (PMDU). She was additionally a National Program Management Leader, responsible for strategizing, setting up and rolling out UK wide Public Service Reform change programs.
Focus of consulting and training work
- Change Management
- Organisational Culture Change
- Executive Leadership Coaching
- Training Design and Execution
- Process Optimization
- Strategy Development
- Program Management
- “Creativity is thinking up new things. Innovation is doing new things.”— Theodore Levitt
- There is “usefulness of viewing leadership in terms of adaptive work. Adaptive work consists of the learning required to address conflicts in the values people hold, or to diminish the gap between the values people stand for and the reality they face. Adaptive work requires a change in values, beliefs, or behavior. The exposure and/or orchestration of (positive) conflict – internal contradictions – within individuals and constituencies provide the leverage for mobilizing people to learn new ways.” ― Ronald Heifitz
- “If you’re not confused, you’re not paying attention.” —Tom Peters